Father, into Thy Hands I Commend My Spirit Giclee Print

Father, into Thy Hands I Commend My Spirit


Father, into Thy Hands I Commend My Spirit Giclee Print
, Currier & Ives
Buy at AllPosters.com


Arians

The followers of Arius, a presbyter of the church of Alexandria, in the 4th century. He maintained (1) that the Father and Son are distinct beings; (2) that the Son, though divine, is not equal to the Father; (3) that the Son had a state of existence previous to His appearance on earth, but not from eternity; and (4) that the Messiah not real man, but a divine being in a case of flesh: Their tenets varied from time to time and also among their different sections. The heresy was formally anathematized at the Council of Nicaea (325), but the sect was not, and never has been, wholly extinguished.

No comments: