Le Saint-Esprit Jesus Christ Light Art print
Le Saint-Esprit Art Print
Buy at AllPosters.com
the fourteen stations of the Catholic Church
These are generally called "Stations of the Cross," and the whole series is known as the via Calvaria or via Crucis. Each station represents, by fresco, picture, or otherwise, some incident in the passage of Christ from the judgment hall to Calvary, and at each prayers are offered up in memory of the event represented. They are as follows:
1. The condemnation to death.
2. Christ is made to bear His cross.
3. This first fall under the cross.
4. The meeting with the Virgin.
5. Simon the Cyrenean helps to carry the cross.
6. Veronica wipes the sacred face.
7. The second fall.
8. Christ speaks to the daughters of Jerusalem.
9. The third fall.
10. Christ is stripped of His garments.
11. The nailing to the cross.
12. The giving up of the Spirit.
13. Christ is taken down from the cross.
14. The deposition the sepulcher.